Importing as moving goods within the European Union!

Importing as moving goods within the European Union!

From € 635 + shipping costs to the Netherlands

Contact form

Question or comment
My information

My information

Contact preference

License plate vehicle

From which country do you want to import the vehicle?

Would you like us to take care of the transport?

Voertuig gegevens

Are you moving to the Netherlands soon?

It's good to know that it often pays off to bring your car, motorcycle, or camper with you. Many expatriates (expats) and repatriates are exempt from road tax (bpm). This can save you thousands of euros compared to someone who doesn't have this relocation exemption.

TIP: Request a 'road tax exemption for relocation within the EU' form from the Tax and Customs Administration in advance. The form is available only in Dutch. Need assistance? We're here to help.

The process was fast, well received and with helpful guidance.

— Jerry

Efficient and cost-effective

When you meet the requirements to qualify for an exemption based on moving goods - we offer you two service packages. Will you opt for a single administrative handling, or do you want the import to be fully taken care of?

Moving goods exemption conditions

Busy preparing to move to the Netherlands? To obtain tax exemption upon import, you must meet the following conditions:

  • You are moving from another EU country to the Netherlands.
  • This vehicle is part of your household effects.
  • You use this vehicle for the same purpose as in the foreign country.
  • You have owned and used the vehicle for at least 6 months in the country from which you are moving to the Netherlands.
  • You do not lend, pawn, rent, or transfer the vehicle within 12 months from the date the goods are imported.
  • You had your usual place of residence¹ abroad for at least 12 months before moving to the Netherlands
  • You must apply for exemption within 12 months after you have moved.

After receiving the exemption, we can initiate the RDW inspection for you. If you receive this exemption, family members living at home are also allowed to drive the motor vehicle in the Netherlands.

¹The usual place of residence is determined by a combination of personal and professional connections. Personal connections include:
- The place where you spend the most time
- The address of your partner and family
- Your insurance address
- The location of your general practitioner
- Membership in associations at a specific location
- The school location of your children

Professional connections include:
- Your workplace
- The duration of your employment at that location

If your usual place of residence cannot be determined based on both personal and professional connections, your personal connections will take precedence in determining your usual place of residence.

Arjan Blommestein - Senior Import Specialist

Do you have any questions or would you like more information?

Arjan is happy to help you!